Saturday, August 14, 2010

Question: Why do you paint?

My Answer: I paint to discover the unknown. Every painting is a new mystery that is revealed through its process. Working on solving the mystery is the best part for me. I enjoy it because it isn’t easy (at times). I love the feeling I have inside working with colors and forms and shapes and creating something that I know is unique to me as an artist. I work with flesh tones and portraiture (mostly) because it gives me a certain "order" and peace while doing so. It's the one activity I engage in in which I am able to experience a true sorting out, as opposed to chaos, that I feel is vital in my life and that I haven't felt in recent years.

"The insides of our heads are filled with fabulous wonders not found in the real world. I paint to share the hidden lands of the imagination. From my paintings, you can see that the inside of my head is filled with bright colors, strange creatures, and unlikely situations. It’s a wild and cartoony place, and sometimes it feels good to take a break from looking at an alien reality and really see my own world.
And it’s even nicer to be able to share it." -Colette Bezio (Inkwolf)

No comments:

Post a Comment