Thursday, August 19, 2010

Twitter Help - Finally!

Things I'm figuring out about Twitter (finally) ~

Twitter is an information network made up of 140-character messages called Tweets. It's a new and easy way to discover the latest news (“what’s happening”) related to subjects you care about.
I love this.  This means your messages have to be short.  Can you handle it?  :)  But, they're subjects and issues YOU care about.  Indeed, it's right up my alley. 
Twitter contains information you will find valuable. Messages from users you choose to follow will show up on your homepage for you to read. It’s like being delivered a newspaper whose headlines you’ll always find interesting – you can discover news as it’s happening, learn more about topics that are important to you, and get the inside scoop in real time.
Sure works for me!  I follow Oprah, Dr. Oz, Deepak Chopra, Jean Chatzky, Barbara Walters, Tory Johnson...to name a few.  I haven't tried to "build a voice" yet, until I understand more about how to navigate the site.  My endeavor is to be careful, wary, and sensitive to others' feelings while keeping my own present, accounted for, and intact.

WOW.  I'm finding meaningful reading in my quest to figure out how to navigate Twitter.  Who knew?  It dives into Javascript and other web-friendly, web-enhancing coding that I have been searching for for a long time.  My web classes in college (and I say, or type, with great affection) didn't cover a lot of this information.

No comments:

Post a Comment