Friday, May 14, 2010

Opportunity! and Education

The purpose of this blog is quadruple-fold. It is meant to be therapeutic, informational, educational, and to help others in the same or similar situation. My goal is to expand my knowledge of online marketing, website development, and management.  I have created, developed, and maintained two websites since 2002: http://ginnyza10r.tripod.com/, and http://stanhopepresbyterian.org/.  Also of interest to me are Search Engine Optimization, Social Marketing and Networking, and today's technology in general.

I love technology!


Background
In 2001, after many years in Corporate America, the last several working in large, high-tech companies, and with the aid of my husband, I felt the timing was right for embarking on furthering my education. I first went to county college and did so well (Honor Student, Dean's List) that my husband and I decided it would be best for me to attend university. I never could have anticipated the great joys or the deep sorrows that were about to happen in my life during my college years. I will expand on this a bit later.  Note:  Please refer to "A Little Background."

This is a brief account of what I have done in between my decades in the workforce, college, and back into the workforce. I have been employed as a temporary, updated my websites, taken many photographs of my travels, reworked/edited HTML code for my websites, taken on opportunities as a freelance artist, and organized my work in preparation for exhibits (the list may be viewed on my website, Ginnyza10r (link above)).  My work includes all phases of graphic design, i.e. drawing, painting, brochures, business cards, posters, print work, et al.

I follow Tory Johnson, Deepak Chopra, Dr. Oz, Oprah, and others on twitter.com; www.twitter.com/GinzArt1000.


My ultimate goal during my short existence here on this planet is to help improve the lives of others with whatever gifts may have been bestowed upon me in this body in this lifetime.  This is just the very TIP of the iceburg for my blogging "career", as I would like to communicate by any means with others on a professional level. So please stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment